Friday, October 8, 2010

Fall Post

Well here it goes.  My update...
I have started to play with the New Horizons Orchestra again this fall.  I really love playing my viola.  Just wish I could afford one that has a better sound.  I'm the choir manager for the Wasatch Chorale.  Right now I'm singing 2nd Soprano but I'm trying to work my way back to alto.  I auditioned for some solo parts for our up coming concert on the 28th in the Covey Performing Arts Center, I don't know if I got the part yet.  I will be singing with a small group of women on one of the songs.

I've started my spring cleaning.  I guess you could say early, please!  I have a lot of stuff going to DI  Yeah!!  I did some fall arrangements for a stake RS meeting for the general womens conference and liked them so much I made one for me.  I took it to church last week and got lots of compliments.  I've also dome 3 weedings.  Small ones thank goodness.

I took a day trip with some of my single friends (Demion) to Huntsville.  We had some really good Texas BBQ.  Real Texans cooked it and everything.  Brought back good food memories.  We have also had some Texas sized thunderstoms lately.  MY FAVORITE!!!

I have been really busy at work.  So not much has changed there.  I love my job!!!  I'm so greatful for my job.  Between work and babysitting grandchildren I also have been kareokeing alot.  Not as much as before because we are going to some of the single dances again.  Not much has changed at those.

3 comments:

Steph said...

ya you didn't forget how to blog! I'm glad to get an update! :)
Thanks for being such a great grandma willing to watch on kids most the time on short notice! Your an amazing florist and at the bomb at wedding flowers!

Amanda said...

WAHOOOOOO!! So happy to hear an update. It sounds like you are a busy lady. I am glad that you have such a great job that you enjoy. I bet you nailed your auditions! :) I'd love to see a picture of the arrangement you made. I can't wait till you come visit and we can enjoy some Texas BBQ together! I will be eagerly awaiting the next post!

Whitney said...

Wow your a busy lady! Its so good to hear what you have been up to. I didn't know you where do orchestra again, thats sweet. The arrangent you did is beautiful too, you are so talented. Thanks for watching Juni recently.
Oh and I have many memories of seeing you outside during thunderstorms. I love you Mom!