Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holidays

This has been an amazing time of the year. I was able to help my friends the Smiths with the Sub for Santa they do each year for the migrant workers. What a humbling experience. I got my company and justins company to collect 77 brand new coats for the new children that have arrived this year. We also collected 400.oo and lots of food. We are so blessed to have so much and it feels good to let go of the material side of the holidays and grasp firm to the spiritual.

I'm the choir director in my ward. This is the first Christmas program i have put together. I think it turned out well. I used a talk by Jeffery R Holland http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f318118dd536c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=72ad226fecfdb010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1
as the naration and plugged in the songs. We sang some beautiful arrangements form Sally DeFords music. http://www.defordmusic.com/ I also taught the choir to play the hand chimes form my school. They played Nona nobis Pacem. I also played my Viola with one of the duets. It was not to bad considering i haven't played for 35 years.

Saturday night The Wasatch Choral but on our fund raiser concert at the UVU ballroom. I went very well. Sunday night I sang in the Singles Choir concert at the Provo Tabernacle. I had a solo which would have been better if the accompianist could have played the song. She tried very hard. I used her because she played the rest of the song the choir sang. I sang the air and aria form the Messiah, O thou That Tellest Good Tidings. It is a very hard piece but I love doing it.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Your awesome! Very busy too! Thanks for hanging out with me yesterday it was fun to get some shopping done with you! Love you cant wait to see you on Christmas!!

Amanda said...

You are a very talented woman! Thank you for sharing your talents with us and helping us all feel the warmth of your spirit. I loved your song on Christmas. Thank you so much for all of the thoughtful gifts!